Wednesday 19 September 2012

Jake Competes in the Middle School Speech Competition


Today I competed in the Middle School Speech Competition.  It was really scary because you have to have to speech in front of the entire middle school.  It was freaky.  Even my dad and Granmum was watching me. Its like even my friends were watching me.

My Speech is about the best job in the world world have to be ... A policeman.  The person inspired me was my Dad friend, Dave who is an Police Officer.  

To get ready for today I had to write my whole speech out.  It was nearly pages long and then yesterday my mum typed them up for me.  Today my teacher laminated my cue cards for me so that I so prepared for the finals.  I had to practise infront of the mirror like once a day so that I could get rid of my nerves.  But i was still super nervous today!

By Jake

3 comments:

  1. Jake you should be very proud of yourself! You got up their and shared with all of the middle school team why you want to be a Police Officer when you grow up. You researched your facts, new your stuff and although a little nervous today, spoke really well. Coming 4th is a huge achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take some photos since I'm a PC TECHIE.:(

      Delete
    2. There was no reason your could not. Next time just grab a camera and go for it. Did you not notice the girls from Room 7 taking pictures for their Enthusiasm Poster?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.