Wednesday 22 August 2012

Ag Art update


We have previously said that we were going to do some Art for our Agricultural day.  Well its now called a Spring Festival and will be in Week 7 of Term 4.  But we are super organised, so we have done the artwork this term.

We started by sketching NZ flowers carefully and then blowing them up in the photocopier.  But we discovered that we did not know how to mix clean colours.

So, we made these Autumn Trees.  Miss Hammond showed us how to do warm colours, and Cool colours.  She showed us how to keep the colours clean by not mixing red and blue together.  We learnt heaps!

Now we have gone back to our NZ Flowers. We are  trying to shade them to look real.  We know that we need to start with the lightest colours first so that we don't make them muddy when we mix the colours ourselves.  Some of us even had to think about whether to put the background colour on first or the flowers.  Tricky.  Here are were we are up to so far.

Aren't they awesome?

Keep checking back to see our progress.



16 comments:

  1. I no that this has nothing to do with ag art but
    my mum went to the ware house stationary and realised that there was a nominting thing it
    was the best teacher compitition my mum nominated you Miss Hammond the teacher who wins will get 30,000 bucks go to www.insrteachers.co.nz
    GO ON THE WEBSITE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ella, that is so cute. You almost made me cry:-) I love having you in my class. You are a pleasure to teach.

      Delete
    2. oh thats nice ella! :)

      Delete
    3. thank you Miss Hammond
      the correct website is www.inspireteachers.co.nz

      Delete
    4. opps u meant to put ella for the name/url that was my mistake i am use to be putting my name

      Delete
    5. i nominated miss hammond as well ! :-)

      Delete
    6. Thats very kind of both of you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Miss Hammond when will I start my tree because I'v been sick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about this, Finish your NZ flower and you can do your tree too

      Delete
    2. Ok but I think finishing my tree would take a while.

      Delete
    3. Oddly no, they are really fast. Reef did his in about 30mins. I am sure your friends will give you a hand.

      Delete
  3. sorry,I meant my Flower would take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you emma for nominating Miss Hammond
    just a reminder if you nominat Miss Hammond your in to win a laptop
    so everyone nominat Miss Hammond

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does nominate even mean?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nominate means they have put my name into the competition. Look at the website they have written for more information Dallas.

      Delete
    2. What does Emma mean by the correct website,I mean like the correct website for what???

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.